Formed in September 2017, the Taskforce will oversee delivery across the health and care system on progress being made towards achieving the ambitions for empowering people and communities set out in the Five Year Forward View, facilitated by the People and Communities Board as the six principles for empowered people and communities.
In particular, the taskforce will be focused on three interrelated ambitions:
(i) People – Population engagement, participation and co-production in supporting the future delivery of services and policy;
(ii) Patients – The role of insight and learning from the experience of patients, families and carers in improving the quality and outcomes of services;
(iii) Voluntary Sector – Our partnerships with voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector organisations to both add value to our work and deliver a wider range of services that are holistic in nature and focus on wellbeing
The taskforce is chaired by Lord Victor Adebowale, NHE England Non-Executive Director and Chief Executive of Turning Point, and the vice chair is Michelle Mitchell, also NHS England Non-Executive Director and Chief Executive of the MS Society.
Other members include:
• Chris Askew, Diabetes UK
• Jabeer Butt, Race Equality Foundation and member of the VCSE Health and Wellbeing Alliance
• Neil Churchill, NHS England
• Jane Cummings, NHS England
• Martin Farron, York City Council
• Alex Fox OBE, Chair of the VCSE Oversight Group and Shared Lives Plus
• Fatima Khan-Shah, Patient and Public Voice (PPV) Partner
• Michael Macdonnell, NHS England
• Jeremy Taylor, National Voices and member of the VCSE Health and Wellbeing Alliance